As a developer, do you prefer to get a list of detailed tasks to do that somebody else came up with? Or do you find it more motivating to take part in shaping a product, and figure out how we can make a difference for the people using it? If the latter is the case, you will most likely find this position inspiring, challenging and fun, and we would look forward to welcome you on the team!
- When: Spring / summer 2017. We would like to get you on board as soon as possible, but if you are the right person we can wait a while too.
- Where: Signifly’s offices in Copenhagen (Vesterbro)
- Type of position: Full time
We are looking for our new favourite team mate
We are an ambitious and passionate lot, including creatives, developers and digital strategists. We work closely together in small project teams to build awesome digital tools for our clients, who operate in both the Danish and the global markets. We work hard to achieve the kind of quality digital experience, that users know from [you-name-it]-as-a-service and expect from serious and ambitious brands.
As a back-end developer you will be responsible for designing and developing the systems that provide data and features for our applications via RESTful APIs or traditional http-requests. You will need to gain a detailed understanding of the domain, and work closely with designers, front-end developers and strategists to compose a powerful solution that people will love to use.
We take pride in supporting the solutions we deliver, but make sure to leave the heavy operations and maintenance for the IT-companies. After all, we are a creative bunch, motivated by creating genuine digital touch points.
The perks are pretty good ;-) The best is of course the most amazing and ambitious team you could dream of. Apart from that we have bright and noise reduced working space, delicious (and free) lunch, quality coffee and tea, sodas and beer in the fridge, afternoon snacks, social events at least once pr. month, Friday bars, large parties for our friends, team meeting with dinner every other month, field trips, Christmas lunch, “nytårskur”, annual paid one-week cabin trip, and everything else we can think of to make it awesome to be part of the Signifly team.
We expect you to be
A smart and ambitious individual, with a strong urge to create great digital products. You know how to structure your work and get things done, while still having a creative and curious approach to the things that you work with. You know basic business language, and can discuss solutions with clients in terms of both asking the right questions and conveying your ideas in a way that they can relate to. You are a strong team player, that can make the people around you look good, and who is comfortable presenting your ideas to clients or the team you are working with.
- You have strong web development experience and excel at OO-design
- You have a computer science background, or have acquired good knowledge on software engineering principles, design patterns, basic algorithms, etc.
- You have strong experience with PHP and Laravel or a similar web-language and –framework. We currently work mainly with Laravel/Lumen, but are always very open to new ideas.
- You know how to work professionally with automated tests, continuous integration, etc.
- You have good understanding of (and perhaps experience with) modern front-end technologies
- You are good at understanding real world user or client problems, and able to propose smart technical solutions to address them
- Speaking and understanding Danish is a plus in relation to clients, but not required
If you have worked with one or more CMSs that can be an advantage, just as front-end development experience can be very useful in the position.